Saturday, March 25, 2006

Victory (Part II)




I got into college today. Or rather, I got into college and university today. This is exciting on a number of levels, most prominently the level that includes me not going to Surry Community College next year. Nothing against the place, I was just hoping for something a little farther away from home.
Davidson and Carolina sent me their letters this morning (Davidson actually sent an academic catalog two days ago without explanation) and Carolina has already given me an email address. I think I'm gonna get a Facebook with my Carolina acccount just for giggles.
So the decision process begins. My initial desire was to get the Morehead so I someone would make the college decision for me, but since those blasted heels didn't cooperate I guess it's time for some soul searching. A lot of people I talk to know exactly where they want to go; I envy those people. Adding to the confusion is the money situation, which though not that big a deal is still in the back of my mind. Speaking of which, I'm a finalist for the Armfield scholarship (that letter came this morning, too; it's been a good mail day for me).
The next two weeks or so should probably bring word of any scholarships and therefore bring the moment of truth/decision for me. Your proyers would be appreciated.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God for small victories! In all honesty, I wouldn't trade places with you for ALMOST anything. This time last year was so stressful for me, as I'm sure it is for you. For one, I want you to know how proud I am of you! You are truly a wonderful person and deserve to go to wherever you want most.
I wish so badly that I could help you make this decision, but it is something that you must do on your own. The best advice I can give is to go where YOU want to go ... not where anybody else says that you should, or where you feel is expected (even if that person is Santa Claus!). Most importantly, follow your heart. Go where ever makes you happiest -- put your trust in God and He will help you find where you need to be; the money will fall into place later.
Well, as I know that EVERYONE and their grandmother is trying to tell you how to make up your mind, I'll stop. I really have no advice to give you, just know how proud I am of you and I have all the confidence in the world that you will end up in the right place for you. Congratulations, and, HAPPY HUNTING!!

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way... I want a shirt or a funny hat from wherever you end up! ;)

1:50 AM  
Blogger Aho said...

'lots of people you talk to know exactly what they want' AND lots of people you talk to seem to know exaclty what you want as well, right?

10:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ryan I know how you feel. Sometimes I just wish I could fast-forward a couple of months past the whole college decision deal.

But on the bright side, just think about all that graduation money you'll be getting in a few weeks. Maybe I should invent a twin me, so I can double the graduation money. Hmmmm, I've got to go to my basement and finish my world domination strategy too..........

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home