Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Victory

It rained for the second straight day today, postponing our match with Elkin and giving me a rare oppurtunity to get in some errands I had been meaning to run. The most notable of these was not so much an errand at all, but rather an oppurtunity.
William John and I have been saying that we would play raquetball since the middle of the last swim season, but with tennis and such we never got around to it. Today I finally caught up with the wily critter, and boy was it ever satisfying.
For the record, William has never held a raquetball raquet in his life; this was his first go-round. But nevertheless, I am really really pumped to have won. I don't care how long I've been playing or how little he knew about the rules: I handed a racket and a ball to William John and came away victorious. Today is National Dance Day, so in honor of this and my victory I will take this oppurtunity to do a little jig.
Ryan jigs. People scratch their heads and look bemused.
Ok, that was a mistake; I'm still a little sore, I probably should've stretched first. Though my butt now hurts, it throbs with the tenderness of triumph. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to take a long, hot bath.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Any victory against William John is worthy of national recognition.

At least that's my opinion - of course, I'm still sore over loosing to John in the chess championship finals in Mr. Hurst's class (6th grade).

Maybe I should challenge William at racquetball....



Oh yeah, by the way, official apology to aho. In one of his previous comments he "tagged" Ryan. I, mistakenly taking his "tag" for the all-too-common spam found on My Blog, I lashed out rashly. Needless to say I felt pretty stupid when I realized it wasn't spam. Sorry aho.

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the victor! Is raquetball really that different from tennis (with the exception of the really cold rooms, and, of course, walls)? I think it's awesome that you won!
Today I didn't get to have a "victory" per-se, but I did make you proud. Since today was rainy and gross, we did not get to go outside for tennis, so class was held inside today. No, we didn't hit around, but we did discuss the rules of the game. My professor gets so excited about the game that she forgets that we don't already understand. When we asked her questions about something she didn't explain thoroughly, she would start to stutter, and everybody looked to me for explination. YAY! Unfortunately, these days of my being at the top of the class are limited, since I don't know that much. You'll have to do a rules post to keep me "ahead of the game." Ha ha that was punny. OH! okay, now I'm going to quit. congrats, friend, and I can't wait to hear from you soon!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home