Monday, August 28, 2006

Moron

My roomate should not be allowed to watch tennis. He clearly lacks the emotional and mental stability to withstand a best of five set match, especially when the first two sets go to tiebreakers. He also doesn't know his political right from left, the difference between Ben Folds and Dave Matthews, or that his Italian accent is terrible.In shot, my roomate is a moron. He's educated, savvy, smart even, but he is quite clearly a moron. And this doesn't seem to bother him or anyone around him.
It's been interesting to see just how many morons manage to infiltrate institutions of higher learning. I've come across some first class idiots in my travels. Surprisingly, even institutions for "gifted" students have their fair share. Many of these idiots have impressive resumes, absurd numbers of college credit and high-dollar scholarships. I fear many will end up getting much better grades than me. How is this possible?
Well, for starters, I walked out without my key today. Twice. In the course of an hour. Fortunately Rob was here to let me in and no damage was doen, but the problem is still the same. I'm a moron and appear to be (given my lineage) destined to remain this way for awhile.
The more I think about it, the more ridiculous the world seems. We are, after all, talking about a place where people pay for bottled water. Dan Quayle couldn't even spell potato. And my friend Megan, who has a car very near her dorm, responded to my request that she "pick me up" in a downpour by walking across campus and handing me an umbrella.
So maybe it's ok to be a moron. The world needs its stupidity, without which everything would be efficient and absolutely no fun. That's why I'm going to try out for Chi Rho, an a cappella group at WFU which is waaaaaay out of my league, even if it makes me feel, well, like a moron. Because even though I probably didn't even spell a cappella correctly, I gave it a try. That's worth something, right?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you ever go back and read your blogs after the fact? I do it all the time, and I find it incredibley funny.
I'm glad it's acceptable to be a moron at times (though I really wish you would forget the "pick me up" incident). I find it funny that you wrote about Chi Rho as if you didn't have a chance of getting in. Look at you now. Life is great (yeah, that was a positive, non-emo statement)...it's greatness is only made possible by a little bit of confusion and idiocy here and there:)

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's another example of me being a moron...I spelled incredibly wrong. Whoops. That does not lessen the significance of my first post!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home