Friday, December 08, 2006

I Love My School

Instead of studying for my spanish exam tomorrow, I decided to wander through the OGB archives and contemplate the meaning of existence. My roomate brought this column to my attention. I don't suppose the jokes will mean much to those of you who don't attend Wake, but the stereotypes are amusing and not unfounded. The language is also a bit much at times, for those of you who are offended by such things, but I found it, on the whole, worth the read. Then again, that's probably because it's about my school. Well, if you feel so led, give it a read.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! That's amazingly funny -AND it sounds like you wrote it. I know you didn't but the writing style is similar. I love your school too - if you were all gals, you'd almost be as smart, beautiful, independent, confident, and hard to get as us Meredith girls!

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nicely said Crystal, quite witty. Even though I don't go to Wake, living in NC and having a parent who went there, I laughed at several times.

Btw, that would be really cool to room together next year...I will seriously give it some thought

12:15 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Ok, so that was definitely the funniest thing I've read in a long time. I love sarcasm...:) I am, however, sad that the article's depiction of WFU students is not a pleasant one. We both know all WFU kids aren't like that...in fact, that's why I adore living in my little Johnson bubble. Oh well...I suppose we're both in for a shock next year when we are forced to mingle with the "normal" WFU students.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home