Friday, October 21, 2005

More tequila, por favor!

Jennie informs me that I've been derelict in my duties. She says I'm not posting enough for her tastes. Perhaps Jennie should get her own site where she can post whenever she dern well wants to. Just a thought.
Still, I hate to disappoint my dear sweet sister, so I shall strive to inform you all about the dinner I just had.
Mother and I went to Chile Verde tonight, which is always a mistake, because she loves mexican just a little too much. As you are surely aware, Chile Verde is THE place to be on Friday night, even cooler than the Good Life Cafe (unless you're a forty-something presbyterian housewife). So we inevitably run into like six of Mom's former students who want to talk to her. This is shocking to me; I have never once wanted to go talk to a former teacher of mine, or even a current teacher. She also double dips, crossing the salsa with the cheese dip much to my dismay. The woman has no sense of courtesy. But I digress.
The main reason it's a bad idea to take mom to Chile Verde is the stealing. My mother, who is usually the most law-abiding of citizens, assumes the guise of a petty thief when in the presence of mexican. I just don't understand it. She orders enough food to require a to-go box, and when her excess meal is in the box she goes into overdrive.
Deftly she shimmies the chips out of their recepticle, sliding the contents of the basket into her to-go box, paper and all. She has this down to a science, I tell you. She reminds me of an old episode of Boy Meets World, where two old people keep stealing food and saying, "they WANT you to take the rolls!" And she gets such a kick out of doing it. She think's it's HILARIOUS. My mother can be a bit hard to handle when she get's tickled in public. Imagine how much harder it is when that tickling comes on a friday night after a quick nap and some hip hop dancing at Tharrington Primary School (I'll explain that in person, if you don't know what I'm talking about). Top it off with the byproducts of cheese dip and refried beans, which culminate in enough gas to send Apollo 11 to Mars, and you get a pretty dangerous social situation.
I love my mother, but I just can't take her anywhere.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conversational Marketing Demands 'Conversation Department'
Reacting to a column UnderScore Marketing's Tom Hespos wrote about marketer's fear and laziness to engage in meaningful conversations with consumers, I wrote a piece calling for the creation of a "Conversation ...
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

should be ¡màs tequila, pro favor!

¿si?

c.aho

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home